My Ripple Blanket

My Ripple Blanket

Sunday, February 23, 2014

MINT



Everywhere I look I see snow.  In my yard.  In the trees.  On the roofs.  I am in need of some green.  This week I dug through my stash of yarn and came up with enough mint green baby yarn to whip up a super simple but totally beautiful baby blanket. 

A basic giant granny square is a mindless project that works up very fast and produces a great result.  This blanket  measures 38 x 38 and I crocheted a simple border of double crochets all around the edge.  With a second border row of single crochet.  For granny square ideas and patterns you can visit Ravelry.com for some great inspiration. 

Are you living in a state where there is far too much white stuff on the ground and not any color in sight?  Why not work some spring into your projects this week with color choices that help you envision spring being on the way. 

Have a terrific week ahead.  It's the last week of February folks.  Where have the first two months of the year gone? Personally I think you will find them under all of the snow.  Haha

You can find this baby blanket and many others in my Etsy shop at thecrochetcaretaker.etsy.com 

Take care!

Teresa ~ The Crochet Caretaker





                      

13 comments:

  1. what a beautiful blanket
    greetings from Germany
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blanket, the color is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this so pretty what a great color
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket and textures! May have to try for my upcoming newborn photography session, thanks! (Seen on Take-a-Look Tuesday.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blanket is just beautiful! I am a novice to crochet, but have been finding lots of beginner help and tutes online. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful! Love your blanket!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blanket. Reminds of the ones that I received as baby gifts when my children were born. That will make a special keepsake for someone. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful crochet work.

    I featured your project here:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2014/03/made-by-me-117-linky-party-and-features.html

    Thank you again for sharing and linking up!

    -Q

    ReplyDelete